Meat may not be encouraged as a “first food”, but if your baby is not allergic to it, it’s one of the best sources of protein, iron, and zinc.
It’s recommended to introduce it to babies six months and above. It is best served as paste for children below 9 months and therefore it will require you to cook and cool it before pureeing.
How to prepare beef for your baby
½ cup beef
Steps to follow:
- Boil the meat until it softens
- Cool the meat completely
- Cut it into chunks (1 or 2 inches)
- Put it in the food processor and add vegetables
- Adding vegetables is optional
- Puree until smooth and serve