There are many types of beans, several shapes, and sizes, but they all have the same nutritional value. Although they tend to cause bloating, they are very rich in protein and come highly recommended for bodybuilding.
Dried beans are the most common, although green beans are also available in groceries and are equally tasty. Dry beans take a little longer to cook; soaking them in warm water for some time can help reduce cooking time and save on fuel. Alternatively, use a pressure cooker to boil.
HOW TO MAKE BEANS PUREE WITH SPINACH
- ½ cup beans (your preferred choice)
- ½ teaspoon of butter (do not add if the baby is sensitive to margarine)
- 1 cup of water (for boiling)
- 4 spinach leaves
- 1 pinch salt
Steps to follow:
- Boil beans until soft (expect the skin to break and start peeling off)
- Add a pinch of salt (not advisable for babies under 9 months)
- Drain remaining water (save it for thinning the puree in case it thickens).
- Important: do not mash/puree all the beans if there are more than one meal. They tend to become soggy if leftover.
- Blend the spinach with your preferred processor
Put the beans you want to mash in a bowl while still hot, add butter and stir
- Mash until soft, adding the saved water to thin if needed.
- Add the spinach and continue to mix and mash
- Serve warm