· 3 fl oz (1/3 cup) of water
· 1 tablespoon of agar flakes or gelatin
· 7oz (just under 1 cup)fruit purée
· 10 fl oz (1 1/4 cup) of fruit juice
· In a saucepan, combine the agar and water and stir until the flakes are dissolved.
· Pour in the juice and heat for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
· Pour into a suitable bowl and transfer to the refrigerator.
· As the mixture starts to set, stir in the purée. You can use any fruit – and several fruits can be mixed together, but avoid pineapple as it doesn’t set well.
· Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Note: Agar is derived from seaweed and is used as a thickener. You can find it in most health food stores. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way.