· 1/2 dessert apple (cored and chopped)
· 4 tablespoons old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
· 4 fl oz (1/2 cup) apple juice
· 8 to 10 plump blueberries (fresh or thawed from frozen)
· 1/2 ripe banana (medium size)
· Combine the chopped apple, oats and apple juice in small saucepan.
· Bring to boil, then immediately reduce the heat and cover.
· Simmer gently for 5 minutes – the apple should be soft by now.
· Transfer to a blender and add the banana and blueberries.
· Purée until smooth.
Note: For babies over 6 months of age, you might like to leave the apple unpeeled. The skin purées very well and contains lots of nutrients.