- 8 oz (1 cup) of pumpkin (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 7 fl oz (just under 1 cup) of water
- Little milk (formula/breastmilk)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 drops of maple syrup
- Place the sliced pumpkin in a pan with the water and butter.
- Simmer until very soft.
- Puree, then use a little milk to dilute the mixture to a creamy consistency.
- Add the black pepper and maple syrup, then return to the pan and heat through.
- If your baby enjoys finger foods, you can serve this with strips of lightly toasted bread.